A fine country house with views of the Arrochar Alps and Loch Goil. A spacious holiday home perfect for special occasions, family parties and friends looking to enjoy time together.
Welcome to Lettermay House
One mile from the village of Lochgoilhead, the holiday home sits in a hamlet of houses in an area called Lettermay. Directly on the route of the Cowal Way Long Distance Path you step out the door to a choice of marked walking trails taking you to lochans, waterfalls and mountains.
A 3-storey holiday home sitting within an enclosed large garden. East facing towards the mountains of the Argyll Forest Park and Loch Goil, the mature garden has a lawn with a variety of trees and shrubs. Please note that the garden summer house appearing in the picture gallery is no longer there.
Spacious, in every sense of the word. The outside space, lounges, kitchen and dining room are all large enough for your group to relax and enjoy this house in comfort.
The ground floor has a conservatory entrance. On one side of the hall is a lounge with a TV, fireplace and multi-fuel stove. There is a fully equipped country style kitchen with an island unit seating 4, gas cooking range, fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher. Open plan off the kitchen is the dining table – seats 10. On this level is the family bathroom including a bath and a separate shower stall. There is an additional cloakroom with WC as well as a double bedroom.
On the first floor is the main socialising room – a spacious lounge, complete with a bay window and open fire. TV. This is a wonderful room for everyone to get together and relax. There are 2 double bedrooms on this level.
Upstairs to the second floor for a double and twin bedrooms.
- Equipped to accommodate up to 10 guests.
- Linen and towels are provided and the beds are made up for arrival
- Upstairs drawing room with loch and mountain views, real fire, TV, books, maps and tourist information.
- Modern well-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, oven, fridge, and an island with seating for 4.
- Dining table – seats 10
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board.
- Electricity and gas include.
- A starter pack of kindling, firelighters and logs
- Unlimited wi-fi
- Cot and high chair available – on request
- Iron & ironing board
- Off street parking for up to 5 cars
- Pet – Lettermay does not accept pets
Bedrooms and bathrooms – Quick view
- Bedroom 1 – Ground floor – Double
- Bedrooms 2 & 3 – First floor – 2 Doubles
- Bedroom 4 – Second floor – double
- Bedroom 5 – Second floor – twin
- Family bathroom – Ground floor
- Cloakroom/WC – Ground floor
- Bed linen and towels provided
- NOTE – An under occupancy discount is available on the understanding you do not use one of the bedrooms.
We would love for you to come and enjoy some social time in this spacious home. Lettermay is best suited to families and groups of friends. Please be aware that we do not accept bookings from stag or youth groups. If you are in any doubt then check at the time of booking.
Good Housekeeping Card Authorisation
It is common with larger properties to ask for a Good Housekeeping Deposit. For Lettermay House we do this as a pre-authorisation of funds is for £100. Card details required prior to being sent the key safe code for your arrival. This authorisation will be removed from your card after departure provided that Lettermay House is undamaged, clean and tidy.
What is nearby
The Loch Goil area has possibly the best range of Activity Options of any small community in the west of Scotland. Go seal spotting or fishing on a boat from Loch Goil Cruisers, head off one a number of marked Walking Trails, enjoy a round of golf at Drimsynie. Be sure to check out the leisure centre with it’s choice of indoor and outdoor activities. For Entertainment The Goil Inn has live music every Friday night. The nearby holiday park also has regular entertainment, including fun-times for the youngsters. Eating Out options in the village and at the holiday park.