Tucked away in a private garden setting above the village of Lochgoilhead, Hollybank is a semi detached cottage, a cosy and comfortable base to enjoy a stay in this beautiful area. Ideal for walkers with direct access to the marked trails as well being just steps away from the Goil Inn for a meal and a refreshment.
From the centre of the village you follow a short unadopted road which is the route of the Loch Lomond and Cowal Way long distance footpath. Arrive at the entrance to the cottage. 6 steps to the raised patio area complete with outdoor furniture and a BBQ. East facing you have a garden and mountain view. Ground floor: Hallway, kitchen, dining room with 2-seater sofa, shower room/WC and a double bedroom. 1st floor: Spacious lounge area with a partial loch view from this level, coombed ceilings and a decorative (non-working) fireplace. Double bedroom off the lounge. The cottage has a modern and bright feel. Full central heating suitable for all year round visits. Pet friendly – enclosed patio area.
The marked walking trails lead to a choice of routes include the Donich Falls circular walk, access to Steeple Hill for wonderful views over the village, as well as longer walks high up in to the hills. The Loch Goil Trails Walking Guide is in the cottage which will save you time in finding the best paths.
Off-road parking for two cars. There are steps. Not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
Bedrooms and shower room
- Bedrooms: 2 Double – 1 ground floor and 1 1st floor.
- Shower / WC on ground floor
- Patio with seating for 4 in a gazebo with net curtains. BBQ – Provide your own coals.
- TV – FreeSat. Optional adaptor to attach your phone to view your Netflix or other TV streaming accounts.
- Kitchen with cooker, oven, microwave, fridge and freezer (4 drawers) dishwasher, cafetiere.
- Hot water on demand.
- Iron and ironing table.
- Cot and high chair – request at time of booking.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Wardrobes with hangers in both bedrooms.
- Smoke alarm, carbon monoxide alarm, fire extinguisher.
- First aid kit.
- Linen and towels included.
- Important: There is no washing machine in the cottage. There is a self service laundry adjacent to the Costcutter Store 1 mile away
- Starter pack: 2 bin bags, dishwasher tablets, toilet rolls, hand soap, cleaning materials and cloths
- No smoking.
- Maximum 2 dogs are welcome. £25 per dog. Enclosed patio and enclosed parking area.
Explore further – Travel times from Lochgoilhead
- Tarbet, Loch Lomond for sightseeing cruises: 30 mins
- Inveraray – 30 mins
- Dunoon – 50 mins
- Oban – 1 hr 25 mins
- Glencoe – 1 hr 50 mins
- Glasgow Airport – 1 hr 10 mins
- Edinburgh Airport – 2 hrs 10 mins