Dalriada is a much loved holiday home. Turn up, switch off, re-charge. A wonderfully refreshing cabin-in-the-woods type holiday on the shores of Loch Goil in the Loch Lomond National Park. Bliss.
Introducing Dalriada (pronounced: dael’riada)
A cedar wood chalet holiday home located between the villages of Lochgoilhead and Carrick Castle on the west side of Loch Goil. The entrance is shared with another property which is only occasionally occupied by the owners. Step out of the chalet and you are right on the shores of this scenic tidal sea loch. Bring your binoculars. Depending on the time of year the gannets put on a marvellous display diving for fish and you can look out for seals, which are common. Porpoises are regular visitors and there has been sightings of Otter’s on the shoreline this year (2014). No matter what, you’re in a perfect spot to look out for them.
Dalriada will be appreciated by visitors looking for a comfortable, modest base to relax in a rural west coast setting. This is a holiday property where you truly come to switch off. The standard of furnishing and fittings are in keeping with a chalet type property. Simple but functional.
Outside there is an enclosed balcony patio area suitable for a pet. Outdoor seating for 2. Bird feeders placed so you can enjoy the visitors from the lounge area. Dalriada is all about the views. This is the place to sit and watch boat traffic on the loch, as well as look out for the birds and animals.
Bedrooms and bathroom
- Bedroom 1: Double bed with electric blanket, storage space on each side of the bed and reading lights
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds with electric blankets, one wardrobe and reading lights
- Bathroom: Bath with electric shower over the tub
- Adjoining cloakroom with a 2nd WC and hand-basin
- Porch area where you leave your boots, coats and outdoor gear
- Open plan lounge with picture windows and loch view
- Wood burning stove, wood provided
- Dining table for 4
- TV/DVD player and a DVD library – Important – please note that there is no TV reception, the screen is for playing DVD’s
- There is a DAB Radio and an MP3 docking station (takes the older wider docking connector)
- A selection of books and games
- Galley type kitchen with 4 hob cooker, oven, toaster, kettle, microwave, fridge, freezer and all the crockery and utensils you will need. Fire blanket & first aid kit
- Nespresso coffee maker – bring your favourite Nespresso coffee pods. There is also a cafetiere
- Double glazing
- Hair dryer in each bedroom
- Iron and ironing board
- No smoking
- Heating is a combination of the wood burning stove, overnight storage heaters and oil filled simplex heaters in the bedrooms
- Linen included – bring your own towels
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Starter pack of liquid soaps in the toilets plus toilet paper, 2 black bags, 1 bottle of surface cleaner, scourer, cleaning cloths
- Note – there is no washing machine. You will find a self service laundry adjacent to the Costcutter shop 3 miles away
Pet welcome – £30
The enclosed balcony is ideal for sitting out and enjoying the view at the same time as keeping an eye on your dog.
Wi-Fi and mobile phone information
Vodafone is the local mobile provider. There is no Wi-Fi at the property. FREE Wi-Fi is available at the Drimsynie Leisure Centre 3 miles away. Dalriada is a place for switching off, not logging on.
Water – Important – please read
The water supply is straight out of the hills, so it is not drinking water. The owner provides 7 litres of bottled water to get guests going. You then replenish after that from the nearest Costcutter store – 3 miles.