Welcome to Whisperwood
Lochgoilhead Holidays is delighted to offer this beautifully refurbished (2018) holiday home. It offers a high standard of comfort and facilities and will make an ideal base for visitors looking to enjoy some social time.
In the loch side village of Carrick Castle, Whisperwood is a detached holiday home with partial loch views. Steps away from the shore of Loch Goil and close to the start of a number of walking trails on the Carrick Castle Estate. Head off on the 1 hour circular walk, or plan a longer trek following the routes up to the mountain scenery which is the backdrop to this fjord type loch.
The village is within the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park. Your first trip to Carrick Castle via a single track road from the Rest-and-be-Thankful will be a memorable one. The village feels, if not a million miles away from the central belt, certainly this is somewhere that you have to make the effort to come to, and it is all the more special for it. Carrick Castle is a place to enjoy picture postcard scenery. At the head of the loch is the village of Lochgoilhead. There you will find an impressive leisure centre, a Costcutter store, places to eat and the local pub at the Goil Inn.
Entry to the porch and hall.
Off the hall is the sitting room and open plan kitchen. Lounge seating for 7, plus extra dining chairs available for larger parties to enjoy social time together. The adjacent conservatory is heated and makes for a great dining area. Fully equipped kitchen including a full sized fridge and freezer and washing machine/dryer. There is a Cloakroom WC on this level.
Bedrooms & Facilities
All bedrooms have their own en-suite shower/WC and have a wardrobe and/or a chest of drawers
- Bedroom 1: Double
- Bedroom 2: Twin
- Bedroom 3: Super king-sized double that can be made up a 2 singles on request
- Bedroom 4: Super king-sized double that can be made up a 2 singles on request
- Bedroom 5: Double
- Bedroom 6: Twin
- Super fast WiFi
- Ground floor – underfloor heating throughout
- 1st Floor – central heating in all rooms
- Smart TV with Freesat – you have the option to log in to your own Netflix account
- Full sized fridge and freezer, microwave, 4 hob cooker, oven, dishwasher
- Crockery, saucepans and utensils
- Krups Nespresso coffee machine – Starter capsules provided but please bring your own favourite Nespresso compatible coffee pods
- Linen included – beds made up for your arrival
- Towels included
- Washer and dryer
- Iron and ironing board, hair dryer
- Cot and highchair available on request
- First aid kit, Smoke alarm
- No smoking property
- Off road parking 4 cars
- Starter pack of liquid soaps in all toilets plus toilet paper, 2 black bags, 1 bottle of surface cleaner, scourer, cleaning cloths. Note – please bring your own dishwasher tablets
- Note about mobile phone reception – Vodafone is the main provider in this area. Check with your provider for cover.
One well behaved dog is welcome. Please be aware that your dog is not allowed in the bedrooms or on the furniture. £30 per stay. House rule: Dogs are not allowed upstairs.
Whisperwood is set back form the loch side single track road. Off road parking for up to 4 cars by the house. There are 2 picnic tables. You will find a small grassy area (being seeded May 2018) plus an unfenced stream to the back of the house. Be sure to bring your binoculars as there is excellent bird watching, and look out for Eagles. The views from these hill walks are of the impressive mountains as well as down over the fjord type Loch Goil to where it meets Loch Long. If you are a walker you will be spoilt for choice. You can pre-order a copy of the Local Walking Guide.
With little traffic in the village it is also pleasant to take the shore road through the village and then on to the path over the hill to Ardentinny.
Depending on the time of year the gannets put on a marvellous display diving for fish, and you can look out for seals and porpoises which are regular visitors. For fishing you can hire a boat from Loch Goil Cruisers or fish from the shore.
Good housekeeping deposit – £100
We require a GHD from you representing your agreement to leave the property as found. The owner may claim for any loss or damage, extra cleaning costs, smoking in property or undeclared over-occupancy. You pay this by a pre-authorised debit or credit card by an online link before arrival. The pre-authorisation is automatically released 10 days after it was authorised.
- Any dog is restricted to the ground floor.
- The person making the booking has to be part of the party who stays.
- No stag, hen or youth parties – please check with us first if you are not sure.