Jenny’s Bay sits in an elevated position within a large enclosed space. No garden as such as the outside space around the house has been designed for outdoor socialising in a patio area. The patio is enclosed and is suitable for young children and a dog. There is a custom built BBQ area. The hot tub, with a loch view, is under a gazebo making it perfect for all year use. You have access to the shoreline as well as a jetty. Bring your canoe, kayak or a trailer sized boat as you can launch them right from the property. Bring your binoculars. Depending on the time of year the gannets put on a marvellous display diving for fish and you can look out for seals, which are common. Porpoises are regular visitors. Loch Goil is a tidal sea loch so depending on the tide there will be a shore line to explore. This is a rural location – you will need a car. There is a taxi service in the village.
Access and entry
Off Road parking for 3 cars. Steps down to the entrance, as well as sloping access from a parking area to one side of the the house. Jenny’s Bay is suitable for any guest with poor mobility.
No doubt about it, the hot tub takes what is already a great holiday home, to another level. Under a gazebo on a spacious patio, the tub has 6 seats plus a lounger. A nice touch is the individual bathrobes and flip-flops, ideal for going too and from the hot tub. The hot tub is drained, cleaned and re-filled for each arriving party
A striking feature of Jenny’s Bay is the spacious open plan lounge and dining area. Ample seating to comfortably accommodate 8 guests in an ideal social space. For non-summer visitors the wood burning stove is a welcome feature. You step out the lounge into a conservatory with views over Loch Goil as well as the hot tub and patio.
Features – Quick view
- Wood burning stove – logs provided
- Linen and towels included
- Bathrobes and flip-flops for to-and-from the hot tub. Laundered and cleaned for each party. For 8.
- Wall mounted Smart 65″ TV. Optional sign in to your own Netflix account.
- BT Wi-Fi
- Kitchen with: electric hob, oven, grill, dishwasher, fridge & freezer, cafetiere, washing machine including a tumble dryer
- All crockery and kitchen equipment for a self cater holiday
- Fire blanket, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and smoke alarms
- You will find reasonable (but not unlimited) supplies of: Toilet rolls, Soap and Shampoo, Washing Up Liquid and sponges etc., Salt & Pepper (shakers), Tea Bags, Sugar, Instant Coffee
- Dining table converts in to a pool table and can also be used for table tennis.
- Travel cot & high-chair
- Iron and ironing board
- Off road parking for up to 3 cars
- Covered BBQ’s area – gas provided
- Games: Chess board, Monopoly and Who Wants to be a Millionaire
Four bedrooms to sleep 8 plus two bathrooms
- Bedroom 1: King sized double, loch view, en-suite shower/WC
- Bedroom 2: King sized double, loch view, en-suite shower/WC
- Bedroom 3: Twin beds
- Bedroom 4: Twin beds
- Bathroom 1: Bath, shower stall and underfloor heating & WC
- Bathroom 2: Wet room style shower & WC
Pet – £30 pet charge
You are welcome to bring up to 2 dogs. £30 pet charge each. Please advise at time of booking.
Sloping ramp access from the parking area to the patio level surrounding the home. Optional ramp from patio to the lounge – see image in gallery. Wet room shower access – 24 inches wide, fold down seat – see image in gallery
We welcome all sorts of groups: families, friends, walkers, reunions… we do draw the line at stag or youth groups. If you are in any doubt then check at the time of booking.
Good housekeeping card authorisation – £250
The GHD from you represents your agreement to leave the property as found. The owner may claim for: loss or damage, extra cleaning costs, including pet cleaning, smoking in property, over occupancy. A few days before arrival we will email you an online payment link. You use your card to pay the GHD and the amount is then authorised against your card – but not captured. We then email you the directions and key safe code. Once the housekeeper confirms all is in order at Jenny’s Bay after departure the authorised amount is automatically released back to your card 10 days after it was held from. It is simple, easy and it works.
Explore further – Travel times from Lochgoilhead
- Tarbet, Loch Lomond for sightseeing cruises: 30 mins
- Inveraray – 30 mins
- Dunoon – 50 mins
- Oban – 1 hr 25 mins
- Glencoe – 1 hr 50 mins
- Glasgow Airport – 1 hr 10 mins
- Edinburgh Airport – 2 hrs 10 mins