Cuilimuich – Main house
Tucked away at the end of an access road in the loch side village of Carrick Castle, Cuilimuich is a semi-detached modern house within the walls of an original farmhouse. It sits on a large lot with loch views to the front and mountain views to the side and rear. In addition to the modern interiors the outstanding feature of this home is the direct access from the garden to a number of the walking trails on the Carrick Castle Estate. Head off on the 1 hour circular walk, or plan a longer trek following the routes up to the mountain scenery which is the backdrop to this fjord type loch.
Adjoining the main house is Cuilimuich Byre. This is a separate 2 bedroom holiday property. The main house plus the Byre work well for larger parties.
The village is within the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park. Your first trip to Carrick Castle via a single track road from the Rest-and-be-Thankful will be a memorable one. The village feels, if not a million miles away from the central belt, certainly this is somewhere that you have to make the effort to come to, and it is all the more special for it. Carrick Castle is a place to enjoy picture postcard scenery. At the head of the loch is the village of Lochgoilhead. There you will find an impressive leisure centre, a Costcutter store, places to eat and the local pub at the Goil Inn.
Entry from the parking area at the front or rear of the house.
Off the hall is fully equipped kitchen and dining table to seat 6 including a full sized fridge and freezer, washing machine/dryer
Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with king sized bed, walk-in wardrobe, plus an en-suite wc including a single person steam/sauna cabin.
Lounge with a bay window taking in the loch view, seating for 6 plus an open fire – logs provided. An extra person can be accommodated on a futon in the lounge.
Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom
Bedroom 3: Bunk bedroom
Family bathroom with shower over the bath and WC.
- Master bedroom – sleep 2
- Twin bedroom – sleep 2
- Bunk beds – sleep 2
- Supet Fast WiFi
- Central heating throughout
- Freesat TV
- Basket of logs and kindling for the fire in the lounge. Extra logs available on request
- Domestic sized fridge in the kitchen plus a full sized freezer in the utility room
- Microwave, 4 hob cooker, oven, dishwasher
- Crockery, saucepans and utensils
- Nespresso coffee machine – No filters required. Please bring your favourite Nespresso coffee pods
- Linen included – beds made up for your arrival
- Linen included for the optional futon (request in advance)
- Towels included
- Utility room with washer and dryer
- Iron and ironing board, hair dryer
- Highchair available – please bring your own travel cot
- No smoking property
- Off road parking 3 cars
- First Aid Kit
- Deck of cards and board games
- Starter pack of liquid soaps in all toilets plus toilet paper, 2 black bags, 1 bottle of surface cleaner, scourer, cleaning cloths. Note – please bring your own dishwasher tablets
One well behaved dog is welcome. £30 pet charge. Please be aware that your dog is not allowed in the bedrooms or on the furniture. £30 per stay.
The main house has a large, enclosed, grassy area to the front with a picnic table.
Cuilimuich Byre has a spacious grassy area which is open to the hill road to the rear of the house. Fenced on one side.
The views from these hill walks are of the impressive mountains as well as down over the fjord type Loch Goil to where it meets Loch Long. If you are a walker you will be spoilt for choice – for there is nothing quite like walking out your back door and heading off up a hill. Be sure to bring your binoculars as there is excellent bird watching, and look out for Eagles.
With little traffic in the village it is also pleasant to take the shore road through the village and then on to the path over the hill to Ardentinny.
Depending on the time of year the gannets put on a marvellous display diving for fish, and you can look out for seals and porpoises which are regular visitors. For fishing you can hire a boat from Loch Goil Cruisers, or fish from the shore.