Adjacent to the main Cuilimuich House, Cuilimuich Byre is a custom built holiday let finished to a high standard. 2 bedrooms, ideal for 1 to 4 guests. Located in the loch side village of Carrick Castle it is perfect for walkers as it offers direct access to the hill walking trails on the Carrick Estate – all within the picture postcard landscapes of the Loch Lomond National Park. One dog is welcome.
Thank you to the Carrick Estate for allowing us to share this video giving you a taste of the wonderful setting of Carrick Castle. When you are planning your big event have a look at The Lodge at Carrick Estate. (Opens in a new tab)
Tucked away at the end of an access road in the loch side village of Carrick Castle, Cuilimuich Byre is a semi-detached modern conversion attached to the 3 bedroomed Cuilimuich House. Both properties can be hired individually, or you can book the two of them and sleep up to 10 guests. A major feature is the easy access to the walking trails on the Carrick Estate. Head off on the 1 hour circular walk, or plan a longer trek following the routes up to the mountain scenery which is the backdrop to this fjord type loch.
The village is within the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park. Your first trip to Carrick Castle via a single track road from the Rest-and-be-Thankful will be a memorable one. The village feels, if not a million miles away from the central belt, certainly this is somewhere that you have to make the effort to come to, and it is all the more special for it. Carrick Castle is a place to enjoy picture postcard scenery. At the head of the loch is the village of Lochgoilhead. There you will find an impressive leisure centre, a Costcutter store, places to eat and the local pub at the Goil Inn.
- Shared parking with the main house at the entrance to the property.
- Cuilimuich Byre has a spacious grassy area which is open to the hill road to the rear of the house. Fenced on one side.
- The main house has a large, enclosed, grassy area to the front with a picnic table.
- With little traffic in the village it is also pleasant to take the shore road through the village and then on to the path over the hill to Ardentinny.
- Depending on the time of year the gannets put on a marvelous display diving for fish, and you can look out for seals and porpoises which are regular visitors. For fishing you can hire a boat from Loch Goil Cruisers, or fish from the shore.
- Entry from the parking area at the rear of the house into the hallway.
- Lounge with seating for 4 plus the dining table.
- Modern galley kitchen.
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with king sized bed plus an en-suite with shower.
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds.
- Of the hall is another shower / WC.
- Super Fast WiFi
- Central heating throughout
- Freesat TV – smart TV – with optional login to your own Netflix account
- Full sized fridge/freezer in the kitchen
- Microwave, 4 hob cooker, oven, dishwasher
- Crockery, saucepans and utensils
- Nespresso coffee machine – No filters required. Please bring your favourite Nespresso coffee pods
- Linen included – beds made up for your arrival
- Towels included
- Washer / dryer in the kitchen
- Iron and ironing board, hair dryer
- No smoking property
- First Aid Kit
- Starter pack of liquid soaps in all toilets plus toilet paper, 2 black bags, 1 bottle of surface cleaner, scourer, cleaning cloths. Note – please bring your own dishwasher tablets
- Pet – this is a no pet property