What a location! A three bedroom holiday cottage within the 7,000 acre Ardno Farm at the head of Loch Fyne.
As you arrive on the farm off the A815 between Cairdnow and St Catherines, you enter another world. The access road twists and turns down the long sweeping driveway dropping towards the main Ardno House and Ardno Cottage. The view is over the fields of the farm to Loch Fyne and across to Dunderave Castle. This picture postcard view can be enjoyed from your lounge or the picnic table area and garden to the front of the cottage.
This is a private and relaxing place to enjoy a rural holiday, at the same time as having good road access for touring the scenic Cowal Peninsula or further afield to Inveraray, Oban and Glencoe.
Who will enjoy staying here? Bring your binoculars. The loch side is home to seals and many species of birds and is a pleasant five minute walk across a field from your front door. Nature lovers will appreciate the woodland gardens which are all around. Fishing can be arranged locally, and as guests staying on the Estate you have over 7,000 acres to explore. Bring your paint brushes. With views like this, and the ever changing light, it is a landscape artists dream.
Ardno Cottage is a detached bungalow sitting within its own enclosed garden. You enter via a porch leading into the open plan kitchen and dining area. Hallway to the lounge which has satellite TV, a wood burning stove and a large picture window.
Ardno is in a private location but there are permanent staff living in the area, including the housekeeper. If you have any questions, or need any help, then people are available to help.
Bedrooms & bathrooms
- Bedroom 1: Double
- Bedroom 2: Double
- Bedroom 3: Twin
- 1 bathroom with electric shower
- 2 toilets
- Wi-Fi – BT broadband
- Linen & towels provided
- Beds are made up for your arrival
- Wood burning stove in the living room which heats the radiators
- One large basket of logs provided. Extra logs can be purchased from the farm
- Telephone is available by arrangement
- Modern kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, fridge & freezer
- Travel cot and high chair available on request
- TV / Video / DVD / Music Centre
- Washing machine
- Ironing and laundry facilities
- Parking for two cars by the cottage
- Outside space – There is a patio area with table and chairs within the enlclosed, mature and landscaped garden. The views are across one of the fields to the shores of the loch
- No smoking
- Mobile phone – You can connect to Vodafone at the cottage. You may have to search for the best signal, but it is there.
- Pet – £30 – One dog is welcome. Please be aware that your dog is not allowed on any of the furniture inside the cottage. The surrounding fields are used for grazing sheep. Dogs are to be on a lead if you are crossing fields with livestock.
Pet – Good housekeeping deposit – £100
The owners requests a pet deposit to be lodged in advance which is a card capture on your card. The capture is released with 5 days after your departure.