Donich Cottage - Sleep 6+1
Per night Low from £700
Per night High from £100
Spring & Autumn Week £475
3 bedrooms ● Sleep 6+1 ● Wi-Fi ● Dog Welcome ● Any day arrival ● Short breaks welcome ● In Lochgoilhead village ● Modern and contemporary ● Close to walks and play park
Donich Cottage is a semi-detached, end terrace property on a quiet road in the village. Garden to the front with views over fields to the hills of the Argyll Forest Park. Deck area to the rear. Donich Cottage has a modern and contemporary feel to it. Attention to detail and finish has ensured that this holiday home enjoys a high level of bookings and repeat visitors. The large flat screen TV and DVD player in the lounge and flat screen TV's in all the bedrooms are appreciated by the guests.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
Bedroom 1: Ground flooe - Single bed with pull out divan from underneath - sleep 2 - TVDouble with en-suite shower / WC and loch view
Bedroom 2: 1st Floor - Double bedroom - sleep 2 - TVDouble
Bedroom 3: 1st floor - Double bedroom with a single sofa bed made up suitable for a child - sleep 3 - TV
Ground floor - Family bathroom with white three piece bathroom also has a Mira shower (over bath) with black glass splash back. Instant hot water.
1st floor - Shower / WC
- Lounge with 42" flat screen TV with Free Sat • DVD player, CD and radio
- Coal effect gas fire
- Dining room seats six
- Patio doors leading to the decked area with garden furniture
- Modern kitchen with high gloss black and lime units with glass splash backs • Gas hob, electric oven, fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher George Foreman grill, microwave and sandwich maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Cot and high chair available on request
- All beds made up for your arrival
- Off street parking for 2 cars
- Starter pack of liquid soaps in the toilets plus toilet paper, 2 black bags, 1 bottle of surface cleaner, scourer, cleaning cloths
Dog welcomed. Please confirm at time of booking. £30 per stay.
Pubs & Restaurants
- A short walk to The Goil Inn which is the village pub. Bar meals & take-away, pool table and TV for watching sport
- The Goil Inn has regular Friday night bar entertainment and acoustic nights. Check whats on by phoning 01301 703208
- Close to the Shore House Inn in a beautiful location at the head of Loch Goil. Restaurant and bar. Open Wednesday to Sunday. Take-away pizzas. Phone 01301 703 344 for table reservations
- 1 mile to the Drimsynie Estate. Regular entertainment and family nights (during holiday dates). Phone 01301 703247 to find out what is on. They have the Rob Roy Lounge for bar meals and the Fireside Bar.
- 1 mile to The Bistro in the Drimsynie House Hotel. Not open every night. Best to check by calling 01301 703247
- 1 mile to the Leisure Centre with 25m indoor swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room & gym. Available on a pay-as-you-go basis
- 1 mile to a 9-hole loch side golf course - pay-on-the-day
- 1 mile to Argyll Bike Hire - will deliver bikes to the holiday home. Phone Matt on 07771 844786
- 2 miles to Loch Goil Cruisers - all year boat hire
- Fishing on the shores of Loch Goil - or hire a boat
- River Goil - permits from the Post Office. Best when the river is in spate
- Close to the Post Office, newsagent and small grocery store
- 1 mile to the Costcutter mini-market - open 7 days
- No supermarket delivers to the village. Many guests shop at ASDA or Morrisons in Dumbarton or the Co-Op in Balloch on the way to Lochgoilhead
- Petrol - there is no garage in the village. Nearest petrol stations are: Strachur, Arrochar and Inveraray
- Mobile phone reception - Vodafone
- 3 miles to The Lodge wedding venue
- Get the most out of your stay. Services of a local agent available for walking and tourist information
- Glasgow Airport 48 miles - 1 hr 15 min
The following reviews are taken from the TripAdvisor website.
“A little piece of Heaven”
2nd visit this year with this website . Shore cottage at Easter and Dorich Oct hols . Lovely cottage , really cosy and family friendly . Everything you need for a really relaxing holiday . If I had one small criticism I would up date the bedding , it was clean but needs updated . The cottage is a great base so you can tour the wonderful scenery . Definitely will return.
"Excellent house excellent view in a quiet street”
Room to park two cars then into a really well maintained house in a really quiet area of the village I would go back there again.
“Beautiful cottage, lovely views, excellent for a base.”
We stayed here for 4 nights & loved it. Cottage was so clean & well laid out. Good base for visiting argyle & Oban & Inveraray. Nice pub at bottom of hill The Goil Inn & The Shore House is only 5 mins away & really nice food but closed Mon & Tue. I would recommend this cottage to families & pet owners & nature lovers.
“Very homely cottage”
We stayed at this cottage in June 2013 with our family and were flabbergasted when we walked through the door! This cottage is gorgeous and very homely, everything you need at hand, I would recommend this cottage highly and hope to return again soon.
“Home from home”
Excellent value for money went here with some friends to show them Scotland and they were absolutely bowled over. The facilities are second to none there is everything you would need and it's decorated to a very high standard. If you plan on visiting Argyllshire then look no further.
“This is an exceptional cottage.”
Comfortable accommodation in an idealic setting.
I would recommend to everyone looking for a cottage in this area
QUICK SEARCH BY DATE
Follow any link below to search for available properties by date. You have the option to make an online booking request.
- Lochgoilhead - Loch Views
- Lochgoilhead - Pet Friendly
- Lochgoilhead - No Pets
- Lochgoilhead - All Properties
- Drimsynie - Private Properties
- Hot Tub - Properties
- Homes for Occasions
- Properties - 1 Bed - All Areas
- Properties - 2 Bed - All Areas
- Properties - 3 Bed - All Areas
- Properties - Sleep 7 Plus
- Properties - Cowal Peninsula
- All Properties - All Area
- Castle Sween - All Vans
- North Berwick - 1 Property